Life Insurance for Over 50’s
Our over 50s life insurance provides safety and security for your family after you die. We provide the over 50s Life Cover plan from Irish Life. It includes up to €25,000 of a nest egg to your family. This can be used to pay outstanding bills, to provide security for your family or as a present to your grandchildren.
This policy provides security at an affordable price. The policy starts from as little as €15 a month (excluding the 1% government levy). How much your payments will cost depends on your age and the coverage you choose.
The benefit of life insurance is that your lump sum is guaranteed. Plus regular payments will stop at age 90 but you will still be covered.
Frequently asked questions:
What are benefits of over 50s life insurance?
- Lump Sum – Life insurance for the over 50s pays out a guaranteed lump sum (unless you die by accident)
- €25,000 – Your lump sum can be as big as €25,000 when you die
- Hassle Free – There is no medical or long medical history forms to be completed
- Payments – Regular payments stop at 90 years old and you will still be covered
- Security - You can leave your lump sum to family and loved ones
When does my life insurance start?
Your plan starts as soon as you start. Simply complete our online application and we will do the rest. Start your fixed monthly payment plan from as little as €15 a month (excluding the 1% government levy). How inexpensive your payments will be is based on your age and the coverage you choose.
How long will I make regular payments?
You will make payments until your 90th birthday. From your 90th birthday you will not have to make payments. Your coverage however will continue for the rest of your life and your estate will receive your guaranteed amount when you die. If you stop making regular payments before 90 years of age then your plan will end. Your plan will also end if you die and someone makes a claim.
How does the claim process work?
Our priority is to make the claim process as simple as possible. We do not ask you for any medical details or health history when you apply. This enables us to process claims quickly to assist your loved ones as speedily as possible.
What we need to process a claim:
- Name & date of birth of the policy holder
- Original death certificate
- Copy of the policyholder’s will (where possible)
- Policy schedule
- The name of the claimant and evidence of their entitlement
Please keep policy documents safe and notify next of kin of their location.
What if I die in the first 2 years?
In the case where you die a non accidental death in the first 2 years we will refund all your regular payments to your next of kin. If you die an accidental death in the first 2 years we will pay out your chosen coverage.
What is an accidental death?
For this plan, ‘accidental death’ means ‘death caused only and directly as a result of an accident caused by something violent, which can be seen and which is not linked to any other cause’. Some exclusions apply around the nature of the accidental death, for example we will not pay a claim for suicide. These are set out further down.
When will my plan not be paid?
Your plan will not be paid if your death:
- You cause your own death on purpose
- You die as a result of a court decision
Are there any exclusions to accidental death?
Yes, you will not receive your claim if the accidental death is caused by:
- taking part in criminal activity
- an assault on you which the police are not notified about
- self-inflicted injury caused directly or indirectly by you consuming drugs or alcohol
- suicide or self inflicted injury
- failing to follow standard medical guidance
- by a war, rioting, revolution or a other related events